Web browser cookies
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer or device by a website. Cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the website can “remember” you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website. Cookies do not in any way compromise the security of your computer.
COOKIES WE USE
- Session cookies – these are temporary and are deleted as soon as you close your internet browser.
- Persistent cookies – these are stored on your computer or device until they expire or you remove them. These store your personal preferences such as your language preferences on multi-lingual sites to make subsequent visits easier. They also remember questions we have asked you previously, such as a request to complete an online survey. A persistent cookie will prevent you from being asked to complete the same survey every time you visit the website.
- Third party cookies – we work with third parties who, on our behalf, research the use of our website and activities
on it. In doing so they may place a cookie on your computer or device. However it would not contain any personal
information that others could read and understand.
We also work with third parties to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions on third party websites. Again, the cookie would not contain any personal information that others could read and understand.
WHAT IF I DON’T WANT TO ACCEPT COOKIES?
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set by any website – including the website, you should do this through the browser settings for each browser you use, on each computer or device you use to access the internet.
Please be aware that some of our services may not function if your browser does not accept cookies. However, you can allow cookies from specific websites by making them “trusted websites” in your internet browser. You may wish to visit www.allaboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wider variety of browsers including mobile internet browsers.
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site
We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.